Tuesday, December 4, 2007

TPS Report #7


After finishing my 1287th problem on Chess Tempo, pushed my Standard rating up to 2002 (accuracy 78.93%) which is #17 on the list of top active Standard ratings, and my Blitz rating up to 2389 (accuracy dipping to 68.53%). Only 182 more points to go to get to the top 10.

Finished annotating all six games of WSO2007.

Not sure what I'm going to do about my opening repertoire for the upcoming swiss. I feel like I'm calculating better, but I still feel unprepared for the phase-by-phase concentration of quiet moves punctuated by tactical explosions.

1 comment:

chessboozer said...

Hi Ernie,
I know the Return December tournament was not your idea and you were put under pressure to hold it so please do not take this as a dig at you.
I think you should rename the tournament The Chess Apartheid tournament. Perhaps we could also partition Reno City Council to pass some bye laws such as
1. Chess players rated lower than 1800 may only sit at the back of the bus.
2. Chess players rated lower than 1800 may only eat at designated restaurants.

Sorry I am unable to make it to the club these days. Work schedule permitting I hope to be back soon.